November 5, 2022
9 a.m. – 12 p. m
1805 S. Club Drive
Landover, Maryland 20785
**BEHIND FAIRMONT HEIGHTS HIGH SCHOOL**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipe and electrical systems following specification, blueprints, manuals, schematic drawings, using hand tools, power tools, hoist, crane and measuring and testing instruments.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment, using electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts, following specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery, using rags, brushes and grease gun.
- Installs and repairs components of machinery and equipment. Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repair and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure specifications.
- May install, program or repair automated machinery and equipment, such as programmable controllers.
- May set up and operate machine tools, such as lathe, grinder, drill and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs, fixtures and tools.
- May operate cutting torch or welding equipment to cut to join metal parts.
- May fabricate and repair counters, benches, partitions and other wood structures.
- Inspects and repairs boiler fittings, such as safety valves, regulators, automated-control mechanisms, water columns, auxiliary machines such as pumps, draft fans, stokers and burners.
- Installs and repairs refrigerating systems according to blueprints and engineering specifications using knowledge of refrigeration, structural layout, function and design of components.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to follow our safety protocols at all times, including but not limited to, using the appropriate tools for the appropriate tasks, maintaining a safe working environment, educating yourself on rules, hazards, and safe practices in your workplace, communicating unsafe practices or conditions, and assisting others as necessary to ensure safe practices are maintained.
Maintenance Mechanic Positions!
ON THE SPOT JOB OFFERS
Union membership through International Union of Operating Engineers
Full Benefits, including fully paid medical and pension